Wednesday, March 7, 2012

El Gymnasio

I think it should be an unwritten agreement and requirement in society that we all have to go to the gym. I wish that prioritizing the gym was like how society places importance on a job/ career, school, brushing teeth, being kind. I think we would all be much happier people and much skinnier people.

I think I wish this because I just wish it for myself. I wish I was like my good friend Stephanie Reese who makes going to the gym as important as going to work everyday. She is my hero for her dedication to her relationship with her body and the gym. Unlike Stephanie, I am VERY GOOD at finding excuses not to go to the gym, even when I have planned going. As well, I am not good at listening to my body unless it is saying "I want chocolate".  I think this is pathetic. At least, I think I am pathetic. I am not judgmental of other people, like if this is your issue, I am so sorry. I feel your pain. I just think I need to get off my butt and go to the gym. How can I accomplish this? How can I find the motivation to go? Why can't it be innately in me to go to the gym as a necessity life like breathing and eating are? Logically, it is as important as eating and breathing are, but I clearly justify not doing it because I am not listening to the needs of my body.

Yesterday, ALLLL day I was anxious to go to the gym. My body was angry at me because I hadn't gone Monday, Friday, or Saturday and it was ready for some adrenaline and some exhilaration to rush through it. So I pulled myself together and went to the gym!! I was so proud of myself, I worked out hard and my body is praising me and rewarding me today with energy and a feeling of lightness not heaviness. Thank you for this reward body. It makes me want to reward you with going to the gym again today. Hmmm... See how that works?? Well, well, well.....

I am determined to make working out a more common part of my life. Hopefully, one day I can be like my friend Stephanie and it will become part of my daily ritual like brushing my teeth and showering, etc... I am excited for that day!

3 comments:

  1. This is my goal too! You should come to Zumba with Trista & I tonight @9. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 2 in one month so far? Awesome. I don't even know how to comment on this post because I am the EXACT.SAME.WAY! Exact. It must be something in our genes. Seriously. Name five people in our 2,000 or so members of the family who are obsessed with working out and eating healthy, on a consistent basis.... that's what I thought. Our genes mostly suck, let's be honest.

    Oh, and you may have to email your responses to my comment on your other post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can do it steph! it's all about establishing a habit...trust me... i've been there, broken it, trying to motivate myself again.... let's do it!

    ReplyDelete